Job title: Business Development & Strategy Lead
About the role
This is an opportunity for an outstanding young professional with some experience in sales, business development or marketing – plus a passion for delivering social change and developing robust partner relationships – to be involved in the growth of a multi-award-winning national charity and help it reach to even more underprivileged kids in the UK.
This is a particularly exciting opportunity for a candidate who has recently come out of a corporate job (or would like to do so), and is interested in doing exciting and fulfilling work with tangible social impact. We believe that this is an opportunity for you to begin building a long term charity career that has both a business and community focus.
As the Business Development Lead, you would be responsible for:
New Business Development & Sales
- Leading the day-to-day activity of generating funding for SportInspired’s programmes by building partnerships with Corporates, Housing Associations and Local Authorities
- Coordinating our business development team and ensuring resources are used efficiently to deliver maximum funding
- Managing and optimising the use of Salesforce to coordinate new business activity (it would be super helpful if you’ve had some experience of Salesforce before but it’s not essential)
- Managing the identification of target partners and coordinating research and campaign communication in support of sales process
- Leading and following up on new business meetings together with CEO, drafting presentations and proposals as appropriate to nurture prospective partners
- Managing the opportunity pipeline at every stage, ensuring the sales process has momentum, following up in a timely fashion and ‘closing’ sales opportunities
Our main priority is to find someone to join the team for whom the above is bread and butter. However, depending on who we find and where your ambitions lie the individual in question may also be asked to take responsibility for:
Strategy and Communications
- Tailoring lead generation strategy and the targeting process
- Oversight of the communications strategy and plan across all channels
- Formulating the brand strategy for SportInspired going forward, and ensuring we have visibility and profile with the right associations and influencers relevant to our space
- Developing commercial partnerships in addition to our funding goals, that contribute to the evolution of the organisation on a big picture level
- Working with the CEO and Board to ensure the trajectory of SportInspired continues to be one that fits our values and ultimately enables us to have greater impact across all our projects
About the candidate
We are looking for someone who would be a natural addition to our energetic, purpose-driven team. The ideal candidate would be a people person, with a love of building relationships, a passion for sales and business development, an independent and innovative thinker who is passionate about delivering evidence-based social change.
The skills we are looking for are:
- Experience of leading new business opportunities and developing partnerships with corporates either in one industry or across multiple sectors
- Experience of complex sales processes and funnel/pipeline management, and Salesforce or equivalent as a CRM tool
- Confident in developing relationships with a range of stakeholders from Housing Associations to Corporate Partners
- Efficiency – ability to produce work on tight deadlines – and ability to independently prioritise between tasks with overlapping deadlines
- 2-4 years’ professional experience, ideally with experience in one or several of the following: public affairs, CSR or sustainability. Social enterprise or charity experience is a bonus but not required
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant subject is preferable
- Excellent Microsoft Office and general tech skills
This person is likely to have had a promising corporate career but decided to re-orient themselves to purpose-driven work and will be keen to see how they can put their talents to use in the not-for-profit space.
Commitment and salary
Open to PT or FT, wage dependent on experience.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org